Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Tuesday’s With Noirrie

I have been a very bad blogger for some time now. You know it. I know it. What’s the reason for this? Hmmm, I’m not certain. Perhaps I’ve been lazy. (Who, me??) Perhaps nothing much has been happening. Perhaps the blogging muse has simply deserted me. Or maybe, just maybe, it’s because I’ve spent so little time with Psycho Sister-In-Law recently that there’s been no fuel for my fire.

I’ve made an attempt to keep this blog from becoming a what’s-been-happening forum. Why? Dunno. It started out as my forum to blow smoke when I needed. It’s my place to mull over things that pinged my radar, that got my hackles up, that struck me as particularly incongruous. But, either those things haven’t been happening lately – and, really, those things do happen often – or I just simply haven’t been taking time to write them down. More likely the latter I suspect. So, in order to rectify this, I shall attempt to blog, at the very least, each Tuesday morning. Why Tuesday? Oh, no particular reason. I’ll just say that Tuesday’s tend to be my productive mornings. No special reason for that, they just are. Okay, FINE, damn you! Tuesday’s are Warcraft maintenance mornings so I usually get loads of miscellaneous chores done, including most of my computer updating of calendars, correspondence, etc. Anyhoos, since I’m usually here and not in Azeroth, it might be a good plan. We shall see.

Thought for the week … I really, seriously, desperately need to get a king-sized bed for Steve and I. Or, even twin beds. Better yet would be separate bedrooms but that’s not possible until we kick one of the kids out. Now, I know that sounds sad to you singletons or short-time marrieds. Trust me, give yourself several years of marital bliss and you’ll probably understand. It’s not that I don’t love him. It’s not that I don’t want to spend any … um … “awake” time in bed with him. I just don’t much want to sleep with him any more. He was out of town all weekend. I sleep sooooooo well when he’s gone. And then, in the morning, I just have to smooth the blankets down a bit and the bed’s all made. When he’s home, he and/or I tend to toss and turn all night. For one thing, he has developed the habit of late of scootching over to my side before I come to bed. Oh, did I mention that I don’t like him touching me when we’re actually sleeping? So now I have to make the decision to lay there and put up with it, meaning I can’t fall asleep, or try to push him over to his side, thus risking waking him which makes him grumpy. In the mornings, the covers look like a WWF match has taken place in them. A king-size would greatly reduce most of these problems. Not eliminate, but alleviate to some degree. Now I just need to figure out how to convince him that we really, truly, desperately need a king. Maybe I’ll go out of town for a night or two, hope he sleeps really well when I’m gone, then make a full-court press for one as soon as I get home while the memories of those blissful nights are still fresh in is mind.

Hmmm, that’s actually not a bad plan. Now just to figure out where to go. Anyone want a house guest for the weekend?

2 comments:

Shelljo said...

Good luck with that King sized bed. DH and I have one. He still sleeps on my side of the bed...

gaye said...

I love it...

psycho sister-in-law and warcraft maintenance.

Too funny!

Gaye