Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Things I love and hate, or love to hate, or hate to love or .... whatever

[Brought to you by the weekly SS blog challenge.]

I LOVE ...

... the SIGHT of my freshly-mown lawn. Mostly because that means I won't have to do it again for at least a few days.

... the SMELL of my freshly-mown lawn. [See reason above.]

... the TASTE of a really great latte. [Brief related hate - I hate the fact that living in a really small town means that there is no place to get a really great latte.]

... the SOUND of silence. It means the guys are all gone and I have the house, and the computer, all to myself.

... the FEEL of that first warm spring breeze on bare skin. No, you perverts. I'm not running around outside naked. I'm talking about bare arms, those first sweet days when you can go outside in short sleeves.

I HATE...

... the SIGHT of long grass in my lawn. It means I need to get my butt out there and mow it.

... the SMELL popcorn. There, I said it. Flog me if you will all you popcorn lovers. It makes going to the movies much less pleasant than it otherwise would be.

... the TASTE popcorn. [Ditto above.]

... the SOUND my dog barking, because she Won't. Freaking. Stop!

... the FEEL you get after you spot a spider near you and get that creepy-crawly feeling like one of them is on you.

No comments: