Thursday, May 17, 2007

Hmmm, maybe I should re-think that?

Lane is a typical teenager. IE: Anything Mom says, does or thinks is lame. I don't mind. That's his job. That was my job when I was a teenager. However, when I told him what my retirement plan is, he actually said that sounded cool.

To fully understand (or probably completely NOT understand it), you have to know me now. Nice, middle-class Mom. Nice, middle-class home and minivan. Doesn't work outside the home in order to do the kid and family thing. In the PTO. Attends every concert, soccer game, track meet, etc. snapping photos all the way. Volunteers. Fund raises.

So what does that have to do with my retirement plan?

My plan is this ... when my hair starts getting grey, or at least a lot greyer than it is now, I'm going to start growing it long. By the time it's completely grey, I want it to be really long. I'm going to wear it loose, or maybe in two braids. I'm going to start wearing those long, flowy peasant skirts and sandals. I'm going to move to Colorado Springs and open a little shop in that totally hippy area of Old Manitou Springs and sell beaded jewelry to the tourists. Heck, I might even start smoking pot. This has been my plan for a good long time.

And when I told Lane my plan, he thought it sounded really cool. In light of that, I'm wondering if I should re-think the whole thing?

No comments: